Saturday, March 08, 2008

Malaysia Boleh!

Well, it's just a matter of waiting for the official results. But we have already shown to everyone in the world that we can do it. Malaysia Boleh! I was supposed to get some work done today, but obviously, the excitement was too much for me to take.

I am glad that the young have won against the old everywhere. Incumbents, Chief Ministers, Ministers and Deputy Ministers were completely slaughtered in the elections. The latest news is that four states had fallen into opposition hands. Our PM had already conceded defeat in Kelantan, Kedah and Penang. However, Selangor came as a big surprise to everyone. Our opposition claims to have secured 40% of parliament. Let's just hope that no more magic ballot boxes disappear and reappear anywhere.

Malaysians have shown that we want change. We want something different. So, it's time that the government sat up and listened to the people. I'm emotionally tired now. I'll just take a break.

Malaysia Boleh!

PS: I'll not analyse the situation yet for a few more days. Things are still fairly volatile and anything can happen in politics. We will see the shape of things to come in a while.

No comments: