Friday, July 13, 2007

Arrival of 6715b

According to the online tracker, the notebook was loaded into the delivery van at 0640 today. Now, it's 1045 and I've gone to check at the Porters' Lodge. It's not arrived yet but I've let them know that I'm expecting a laptop delivery today from CityLink. The porter told me that they've not come by today. So, I'll have to come by to check again later. I'm going to check it every hour or so as I'm not sure if the delivery is signed for. If it's signed for, the porters will keep it for me. If it's not, it'll just be tossed onto the table in the centre, which is fully accessible by the public.

I'll update this blog until I get it. Then, I plan to blog about the Kubuntu installation. From my research yesterday, there have been a lot of problems installing Ubuntu on the 6715b, mainly from Linux newbies. It's merely a minor problem with the graphics drivers. I'm planning to blog an overall guide to save others from having to read half a dozen wikis to figure out what to do.

Now, I'm going to go do my laundry and cook my seafood fried rice for today.

UPDATE@1245: It has arrived!

No comments: