Saturday, February 17, 2007

What our Prime Minister is really saying.


Today's sudden surge in comments by our dearest Right Honourable Prime Minister was a bit curious to me. Our normally quiet PM has learned to use his gab in a useful manner. So, I thought that I'd blog a little about it. I had originally planned a religious blog, but that'll have to wait for tomorrow.

“It’s about time we have alternative channels to provide opinions on many issues and situations around the world that will not only attract people in Europe but also the people here and in the globalised world.” This translates into, keep a lookout so that we can do whatever we want inside.

“The ambition of the NEP is to eradicate poverty and to restructure society. It is aimed at addressing ethnic economic imbalance and to close the gap between the indigenous and non-indigenous people.” This translates into, we need to keep spreading fear, uncertainty and doubt to keep everyone in check.

“Those who were previously worried about the country’s economic future are now having renewed confidence in our economy. There are reports indicating this.” This translates into, my pals are happy with the way things are going in our beloved country.

I'm starting to love TheStar more and more. It must take some skill to write an article that looks positive at first glance, but is obviously negative on a deeper reading. I've always been telling my friends to read TheStar simply because it's a wonderful source for juicy news.

No comments: