Wednesday, January 03, 2007

K100D Plunge


I'd placed an order for the K100D last nite at 2.30am! I've finally taken the plunge into DSLR photography. They've emailed me to let me know that the unit has been dispatched today. So, it should arrive some time tomorrow. I bought it from an online store that has it's shop just outside central London. I hope that it arrives soon so that I can play with it a little before going off on my skiing trip.

Things that I'll need to buy for the camera when I go out shopping tomorrow are: (1) batteries (2) camera bag. The batteries shouldn't cost too much. I think that jessops does a 2500mAH pack for about 9 quid... I may need to get a rapid charger as well. I should check online for prices and get them after I come back from the French Alps. I've only got some 1300mAH that I can use for now.

After I get back from the Alps, I'll also need to place my old FZ20 up for sale. I'm hoping that it'll go for about 200+ quid or so. That'll go a long way in subsidising my K100D. However, I might want to keep it as my secondary camera as well. I'll decide on what to do after I get back from the Alps.

Now, I should go read up on some snow photography tips. I know that I'll need to increase the exposure compensation. However, there might be other things that I do not know about. I sure hope that I'll be able to carry my camera + tripod onto the plane with me. I'll be bringing both items with me to the Alps.

* screenshot of pentax.co.jp *

No comments: