Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Honest Germans?

I've been approached by another German company a few days ago, as they're interested in using one of my chip designs in one of their products. They are interested in buying the rights and license to the design in order to allow their customers to use the design as part of their product package. So, the only question now is one of price. I don't really know how much to charge them. So, I'll think about it a little.

This is a second time some Germans have approached me to do things properly. The other bunch that approached me were interested in another one of my chip designs. There must be something about Germans and honesty. This is because, my chip designs are all open source and have been downloaded tens of thousands of times. However, I've rarely ever gotten feedback from anyone.

I don't think that any asian companies who use my chip designs (I know that there are some) would actually bother to approach me to license my design directly. None of the US people have approached me to license it either, although some have written to me to let me know that they're using it. So, it's interesting that German companies are different from the rest.

I wonder why...

No comments: