Thursday, January 03, 2008

Percolate

I learned a new word today. It's percolate and it's defined as:

percolate
n : the product of percolation
v 1: permeate or penetrate gradually; "the fertilizer leached
into the ground" [syn: leach]
2: spread gradually; "Light percolated into our house in the
morning"
3: prepare in a percolator; "percolate coffee"
4: cause (a solvent) to pass through a permeable substance in
order to extract a soluble constituent
5: pass through; "Water permeates sand easily" [syn: sink in,
permeate, filter]
6: gain or regain energy; "I picked up after a nap" [syn: perk
up, perk, pick up, gain vigor]
It's a very polite way of saying procrastinate. Useful!

PS: In case nobody noticed, I've changed my profile pic to my Mii! Lemme know if you think it looks like me, with a serious need for a hair cut. Hehe.

No comments: