Thursday, February 08, 2007

Mikado, The - Extremely Hilarious!


Oh man... If you have not watched this little opera-lite, please go catch it before it ends. It was so humourous that I kept laughing throughout most of the show. Some people in my row were actually staring at me. I just couldn't control myself.

Although the story is set in Japan, all the jibes were directed straight at Britain. So, you actually need to know what's been happening in the UK recently. They incorporated various current events into the song. It was absolutely brilliant and had the audience up in stitches. Although the acting was extremely exaggerated, it totally fit the whole theme of the show.

There were several mistakes made by the timpani and the cymbals that caused the audience to notice. However, on the whole the performance was quite excellent. Oh, and talking about the audience, it was mostly elderly people. However, there were some students in there and they made themselves heard when Oxford was mentioned in the opera, in a less than flattering fasion!

All in all, it was an excellent show. I would recommend it to all my friends. However, there was an interesing point. About 90% of the audience was probably over 60. I wonder why. So, the crowd is generally less boisterous. But it's great fun anyway.

No comments: