Monday, June 05, 2006

Inspiration

Heh..

After fretting for a few weeks.. I've more or less finalised the architecture
for the AE68.. It has such an interesting architecture that is quite similar
to most modern processors.. What's interesting about it is how I came about
discovering these ideas.. I came up with them on my own, through playing
around with various ideas.. Only later did I find out how the AE68 is similar
to modern processors.. If it is powerful enough, I will keep updating and
maintaining the AE68 forever... It will be my little pet project... I'm gonna
get some help from two other people.. Peter (who'll be working on the system
level electronics) and Richard (who'll work on the software)..

On another note.. life has been exceedingly stressful.. I don't know why but
stress seems to pile up at the same time.. I'm currently stressed while
trying to look for a new topic.. It's not a good idea to start a new topic
this late, but I'm gonna try.. The good news is that I've come to find out
that some people do change topics.. and some people don't do anything in the
2nd year.. So, if I work my ass off in the 3rd year, I should be able to
finish on time..

I had my bye-fellowship interview last thursday.. That was extremely stressful
as well.. Although I knew that my chances were slim, I still hoped to get
it.. It would have been a great help in my life.. but being among the 6
people shortlisted from all those who applied, is already quite an
accomplishment.. People in college are treating me a little differently..

Today, I'm having my room ballot.. Another stressful event... I have a rather
nice room this year.. I've grown to like it a lot.. and I've slowly been
putting effort into making it nicer.. So, I'm hoping to be able to live in it
next year.. I'm about #24 down the list of names.. However, most of the
people above me have made their decisions and only about 3 people are
unknowns.. So, I stand a good chance of getting my room back, but with these
things, one never knows.. I just hope that it doesn't degenerate into a
panicked spree..

On top of that.. I blew my top the other day.. my stress meter was at 101%...
It was scary.. I had never been so stressed in my life.. It took me the whole
weekend to get my stress meter down to 90% again.. I hope that I can get it
down to 50% at the end of this week..

Won't be jumping off any bridges soon.. though suicide sunday is coming and
some crazy students might jump off the bridges soon enough..

No comments: