Wednesday, August 29, 2007

New Blog

I find it curious that although I've started my TA more than a week ago, I've only recently started getting asked to do some work. So, I'm just only starting to do some work. Personally, I'm not complaining, since I'm getting paid either way. But I just thought that I should be honest. So, I reported to work on Day #1, but nobody bothered to give me any work.

But now, I've been given some work. JL has asked me to go through the part 1A C++ experiments to get things ready for the new term. I guess that she just needs someone to run through them all to make sure that things compile correctly and the instructions are easy enough to understand. This task is simple enough for me. However, I've not managed to get in touch with TL, the technician in charge of the lab, until today. So, I will probably only start running through the labs next week.

I've also just spoken to DMH, and we will be re-working the entire 3rd year VLSI design project. I estimate that this will take me at least 3 months to work through. I will essentially be coming up with a whole new project. Due to recent changes in departmental teaching philosophy and the fact that the current toolchain is being EOL, we decided that it was a suitable time to totally work out a new project. Well, this isn't the first time I am being asked to design a whole new lab. I had previously structured 8 new DSP labs in my former university.

However, as I will be embarking on a new stage in my life, I have decided to start a new blog. This new blog will be dedicated to stuff directly related to my work. I will still keep this blog as my personal blog for me to rant and rave over different things. I will be keeping this new blog as a logbook of my work. This will help me keep track of, and justify my working hours with the department. Also, I can just point my bosses to the blog and update them through it. I learned this from my friend, YungChin.

No comments: