Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Of comics, graphic novels and manga


I have nothing much to blog about today. I'm just feeling very convoluted at the moment. There are too many things that are bugging me. So, I end up having nothing to say because there are just too many things to say.

Anyway, I watched 300 at Vue last night with some friends. It is an excellent movie. The cinematography was very good. The fight sequences were well choreographed. The tragedy at the end was fairly emotional. There was plenty of passion in the movie. There was even a spot of lame comedy in it. If you've not seen it yet, go catch it at your nearest cinema.

We had dinner at Chili's because Ash had some discount coupons. I have to say that it was my first time at the restaurant, whether here or back home. The portions were enormous. I was totally filled up at the end of the meal. The quality of the food was surprisingly good as well.

As for what I'm going to do today, I think that I will go walk in town a bit to clear my head. I might do a little bit of shopping if anything fancies me. I might even do a little bit of shopping even if nothing fancies me. I just need to get out of my room for a bit.

I'll also need to get some cash. I don't have any cash on me at the moment. Ever since returning from Paris, I've been surviving on credit. I've been paying for food in college with my Pepys card and paying for food outside with my credit card.

Now, what has this blog to do with comics, graphic novels or manga? Nothing whatsoever. The new MCR president has still not gotten anyone else to replace me yet. So, I'm still stuck doing some stuff for the MCR for a little bit more. My thoughts are so random these days.

*** photo from gordon's camera ***

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh yes.. 300 is good! i got my sister to bring the DVD from brunei.. heheh ;-)