Saturday, March 17, 2007

Met a beautiful lady today


Yes, I did meet a beautiful lady today. Her name is ladybird. According to wordnet, she is a "small round bright-colored and spotted beetle that usually feeds on aphids and other insect pests". Wonderful.

I went out taking some photographs as I didn't have anything arranged today. I was supposed to be somewhere under the English Channel by now. So, I thought that I'd go out and do something. Some people [no names please! - Ed] were going punting and invited me to come along. But when I arrived, I was told that there were too many people. Since I was already out, I went taking some photographs instead.

As I was walking alone along the river, in my back yard, I came across this ladybird that was just sitting there. Since it's such a rare sight, I thought that I'd walk up and take a few photos. She didn't just sit still and was nice enough to pose for my photos. She waltzed and turned up and down the blades of grass. It was quite amazing.

I tried my best to get some good pictures. However, nature photography doesn't seem to be my thing either. I snapped away happily, but my setup just wasn't quite right. The colours weren't as vibrant as I had hoped it would be. So, out of the many shots, only a few made the final cut.

No comments: