Thursday, March 01, 2007

Growing Blog


I've been blogging for quite a bit now. What started out as something that I hardly ever updated has turned into something that I update practically everyday, and sometimes several times each day.

In november, I started to collect statistics on my blog as I was interested to find out more about readers of my blog. I've noticed a fairly decent growth trend. I had about 400, 600, 900, 1400 visitors to my blog between november and february.

The most interesting bit of information is that most of my blog readers come from here. This is fairly evident by the big orang circle over Cambridge in the geo-map graph. However, many of my regular readers come from outside Cambridge. There are several from different parts of Malaysia and other parts of the UK.

Now, the question is where the blog will grow from here. I doubt that the past growth rate is quite sustainable. But I will just keep writing whatever I feel like writing regardless. I started this blog in order to have a platform to rant. It feels very therapeutic when I can let things out into the open. That's what one of my good friends told me as well, the other day.

There is one very interesting point that I'd discovered by mining the statistics. Our Malaysian low cost carrier seems to be rather Net savvy. Without fail, I get daily visitors to my single blog on them. It would seem that they must be monitoring the Net for articles about them. I don't see any other reason for visitors hitting that article daily.

So far, I've not openly solicited email comments. I might do that but I'm already processing 200 emails per day as it is. Now, all I want to say is 'thank you' to people who read my blog. If you had enjoyed reading this blog, feel free to share the joy with your friends as well. An even bigger 'thank you' goes to the people who actually comment on my blog. Terima kasih!

No comments: