Thursday, January 18, 2007

Feeling on top of the world... Not!


For some reason, I feel a bout of depression coming on again. It must be the many things that I need to do but have not gotten done yet. Also, other personal issues that I have yet to address. This is not good for productivity. I really need to work on my PhD project now that I've gotten another bit of inspiration. The sucky British weather doesn't help much either. It's now wet and windy, which makes it exceedingly cold even though the temperature is only around 10C.

I don't know what to do with life. I sometimes find myself thinking that there just isn't any point to it. I'm not suicidal or anything like that. It's just that it feels quite weird to go through life, without any reason whatsoever, beyond what's directly in front of us. Well, my religion tells me not to dwell too much on the future/past and to reflect on the present. So, maybe I should do just that. Focus on known quantities. Work on what I know. Do like a hermit and focus! Things will hopefully work out well.

I had at first thought of doing some supervisions this week. But I don't think that I have the mood to prepare for supervisions this week. I'll just have to do them next week then. My demonstration work starts tomorrow though. I should turn up and just work on my project remotely. Work on my project wherever I may be. I can login to my computer easily enough from anywhere in the world. Work work work! Ignore everything else! Ganbatte!

UPDATE: I just got an email from one of my supervisees who wants to have a supervision soon. So, I guess I'll give them all a supervision next week then.

No comments: