Friday, November 10, 2006

Met Lisa Again + PhD Work

i met lisa lim again last nite.. she's always randomly appearing in
cambridge... this time, she's back to help out her former supervisor and
attend some job interviews.. she asked me how was my girlfriend, and i told
her that we'd broken up... i liked the term that she used... "free agent"...
haha.. i'm now a "free agent"... hehe...

seriously... being single is good... okay... being in a stable relationship is
good too... however, it's a different kind of good... in my case, having been
in a stable relationship for 6 years, a change is good for me... although i'm
already being pressured by some quarters to find someone else... i'm not
really looking for anyone at the moment... there are a few reasons for this:

1) being single is good!! i must enjoy it while i can!! have some fun!! oh, i
had no idea how much i'd missed being single!!

2) i'm more careful this time around... "once bitten twice shy" and all that..
must open eyes bigger... i've also modified my criteria a bit... so,
hopefully, i'd be able to find someone who fits me better...

3) the wound is still raw... it'll take some time for me to get over it... i
think it's not a good idea to get into another relationship until it heals
somewhat..

i think that 3 reasons is enough... although there are still more reasons...

on another note.. my supervisor has given me more responsibility over my
project.. i'm now supposed to deal with the tool vendors to get the software
tools that i want so that things can move along.. this is good.. i do hope
that i can get the software installed sometime soon.. so that i can collect
more detailed results...

i think my supervisor is probably happy that i'd accomplished quite a lot over
summer.. i've already got 5 chapters of my thesis written and submitted to
him... all i need now are the right tools to collect the results... the
design is mostly (70%) done.. so, that's why he's moving on and hoping to
purchase me the tools i need to play with... otherwise, i don't think that
he'd be willing to spend the money to buy them..

all things point to being able to finish in next michaelmas.. hopefully,
things'll work out right... hehe..

4 comments:

Dan said...

is lisa hot?

Anonymous said...

(Best question to ask at this time, dan. Yep.)

Chill dude. Girls suck anyway, and are a waste of time and money. (at this stage in life, girls! I'm a closet feminist, really!) Glad you're taking it well though. Being single is fun!

*Bob Marley voice* "No womann no cryyyyyyyyyy..."

Shawn Tan said...

oh hell... lisa is already married lar!!

Dan said...

hehe.. i was just joking :P